Saturday, June 11, 2011

Enzo Plazzotta’s Powellian Art

Enzo Plazzotta (1921-1981) was an Italian sculptor who spent most of his life in England. This artist had the excellent idea of using Robert as a model for some of his sculptures. Why? I don’t know, but I suppose that Robert modeled for the Jesus sculptures and then Plazzotta decided to make a bronze of Robert’s marvelous face. However the dates are not correcto for this theory... I'll find out someday, but that will be the subject of another post!

Jesus Christ mask III Resurrection (1980)
Plazzotta's portrait of Robert Powell (1979)



In the photos above you can see his works inspired in Robert’s face. About the Robert Powell sculpture, 6 pieces were made, one of them is owned by Robert, and 2 are being sold for “only” 6,200£ on this site. I need to win the lottery urgently!!
 
Beautiful sculpture, but I prefer the real
 
Some of Plazzotta’s work can be admired in London. I highly recommend you this site (http://www.plazzotta.co.uk/) if you want to know more about this artist.

A cup of tea? Robert and the artist Enzo Plazzotta
 Thanks for reading!

No comments: